Monday, January 21, 2013

Rewind: MY WEEK WITH MARYLIN



I sow this 2011 movie last night, well just a little bit late, I know...my expectations were low but, at the end, I was absolutely blown away. In this movie, director Simon Curtis tells us the story of Marylin Monroe, the quintessential blonde bombshell, during her english stay at Pinewood Studios in 1956 to shoot 'The Prince and the Showgirl', a light comedy directed by and starring Laurence Olivier. Colin Clark, the third assistant director on the film, was the lucky 23-year-old who got to spend a week with her. 'My Week with Marilyn' cinematises his diary. As always costumes play a fundamental role in the movie and english designer Jill Taylor (Match Point, The Full Monty, Penelope, Scoop, Proof ...) pay so much attention to details and particulars to recreate those days' atmosphere. My favorite garments were the impeccable camel coat, the short and full buttoned cardigans, the checked ankle short pants, and those  "femme fatale" sunglasses.  













No comments:

Post a Comment